The horse section is the biggest and busiest section of our show. With 59 classes covering in hand showing, ridden showing, heavy horses, working hunters, show jumping, novelty classes and more there really is class for every equine from a Shetland to a Shire. There is a championship for each section and an overall Supreme Championship so come along and have a go.
Entries can be made in advance via Horse Monkey or by post. Entries can be made on the day, but are charged extra.
Entries to: Anna Jones, Newlands, Moel y Garth, Welshpool, SY21 9DA or enter online www.horsemonkey.com
Prize Money: Showing 1st £8, 2nd £4, 3rd £2
Heavy Horses 1st £20, 2nd £12, 3rd £8
Show Jumping 1st £3, 2nd £2, 3rd £1
Entry Fees: £4 covers any number of classes
Entries Close: Can be made on the day
Every competitor, helper, supporter entering the show ground will need to pay the general admission on entry to the show.
Fees for all horse classes are £4 to cover all classes.Entries will be taken on the day at the Secretary tent or can be made in advance on www.horsemonkey.com
Riding hats to British Standard Specification must be worn at all times when mounted.
Horses and ponies must not be left unattended if tied to a lorry or trailer.
No horse or pony under 4 years of age can be entered in a ridden class.
ARENA 1: RIDDEN HORSES
Judge: Tereska Walker Judging Time: 9.00
1. Ridden Hunter over 14.2 Trophy 1
2. Ridden Riding Horse over 14.2
3. Riding Club Horse over 14.2 - to include one jump in the individual show - Trophy 2 and 3
4. Ridden Veteran Horse over 14.2 - horse age 15 or over
5. Ridden Cob - any height - show or traditional turnout - no Welsh Cobs
6. Local Show Horse - over 14.2 - any horse stabled within 8 miles of the show ground
7. Ridden Horse Showing Championship from winners of class 1-6. Trophy 4. Winner to go through to the Supreme Championship
ARENA 1: HEAVY HORSES to follow class 7
The Show is affiliated to the Shire Horse Society but is open to any other Heavy Horse Breed. A Silver plated spoon will be awarded to the best Shire Mare or Filly exhibited at the show subject to the Shire Horse Society Special Conditions.
Kindly sponsored by Steve Ledsham - https://www.shireandcarriagehorses.co.uk/
Judge: Colin Dawson Judging Time: to follow class 7
8. Heavy horse gelding 3 years or over
9. Heavy horse barren mare 3 years or over
10. Heavy horse mare with foal at foot
11. Heavy horse colt or filly foal Trophy 6
12. Heavy horse yearling or 2 year old colt, filly or gelding
13. Heavy Horse Championship from winners of class 8-12. Trophy 7. Winner to go through to the Supreme Championship. Shire Horse Society Silver Spoon for Best Shire Mare or Filly.
ARENA 2: IN HAND, NATIVE BREEDS, COLOURED
Judge: Nerys Daniel Judging Time: 9.00
14. In Hand Veteran - any height - horse/pony age 15 or over
15. In Hand Youngstock - non Welsh 3 years and under
16. In Hand Championship from winners of class 14-15. Trophy 8. Winner to go through to the Supreme Championship.
17. In Hand Welsh Youngstock 3 years and under Trophy 9
18. Lead Rein M&M
19. Ridden M&M small breed - Welsh A, B, Small Natives
20. Ridden M&M large breeds - Welsh Sec C, D, Large Natives Trophy 10
21. M&M Ridden Championship from winners of class 18-20. Trophy 11. Winner to go through to the Supreme Championship.
22. In Hand Coloured any height any age
23. Ridden Coloured any height any age
24. Coloured Championship from winners of class 22-23. Trophy 5. Winner to go through to the Supreme Championship.
ARENA 3: WORKING HUNTER AND COLOUREDS
Judge: Alison Lawton and Carol Northwood Judging Time: 9.00
25. Novice Working Hunter Pony 14.2hh and under - rider any age - Jumps 1ft6-2ft
26. Open Working Hunter pony 14.2hh and under - rider any age - Jumps 2ft 3-2ft 6
27. Working Hunter Pony Championship from winners of class 25 and 26. Trophy 15. Winner to go through to the Supreme Championship.
28. Novice Working Hunter over 14.2hh - rider any age - jumps 2ft 3-2ft 6
29. Open Working Hunter over 14.2hh - rider any age - jumps 2ft 9-3ft
30. Working Hunter Horse Championship from winners of class 28 and 29. Trophy 16. Winner to go through to the Supreme Championship.
SHOW JUMPING (Non-Affiliated)
Judge: Flick Roberts Time: Not before 12.00
In Arena 3 after showing class 30
Classes 50-56 will be judged in two sections within each class a. ponies b. horses
50. Lead rein cross poles
51. Unassisted cross poles
53. 2ft 6/75cm
54. 2ft 9/80cm
56. 3ft 6/105cm
ARENA 4: PONY SHOWING
Judge: Beverley Duncalf Judging Time: 9.00
31. Lead Rein Pony - Pony 12.2hh or under - rider 8 years or under
32. First Ridden - Pony 13hh or under - Rider 12 years or under
33. Ridden Show/Riding Pony will be required to canter - 14.2hh and under
34. Novice Pony Club Pony - Novice entries only - walk and trot only -must be a pony club member - Trophy 13 for highest placed Tanatside Pony Club member. Cannot enter class 35
35. Open Pony Club Pony - will be required to canter and jump a small fence - must be a pony club member - Trophy 14 for highest placed Tanatside Pony Club member. Cannot enter class 34
36. Ridden Veteran Pony - pony 15 years or over - novice rider - walk and trot, canter at riders discretion
37. Ridden Pony Showing Championship from winner of classes 31-36. Trophy 12. Winner to go through to the Supreme Championship.
Judge: Cerys Jones Start Time: to follow on from class 37
38. Family Pony - to include a show where the horse/pony is ridden by two different members of the same family - no height or age restrictions
39. Best Combination of horse/pony and rider - Novice Entries only - no canter required. Same combination cannot enter class 41
40. Best Combination of horse/pony and rider - Canter will be required
41. Best local pony and rider (10 mile radius of the show ground)
42. Prettiest Mare - ridden or in hand - open to any mare
43. Most Handsome Gelding - ridden or in hand - open to any gelding
44. Pony most like its rider
45. Longest eyelashes
46. Bushiest Tail
47. Pony judge would most like to take home
48. Fancy Dress
49. Supreme Championship to be judged in the main arena at 1.15pm. Winners of championship classes 7, 13, 16, 21, 24, 27, 30, 37, are eligible for the SUPREME CHAMPIONSHIP. Trophy 17